Wednesday, October 10, 2007

pregan items?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Last spring I went through all of my clothes, shoes and handbags and got rid of about 90% of my leather and wool items. It was awesome! As time went by, non-vegan things would surface and I would give them away. BUT THEN!!! I found my old Kate Spade day planner, it's the perfect size, satin on the outside but LEATHER on the inside. I bought it years and years ago, and I think I'm just going to use it until it wears out. I've spent a lot of time debating this with myself.

So, I'm wondering.... is there anyone else out there still using their pregan items? Or am I just being unethical? Or am I just being too hard on myself? Or am I just obsessing about this? Or ....

5 comments:

Al said...

I say either use it until it falls apart or give it to someone who really needs one and then go out and buy a canvas one.

I personally have no problem with using pregan things. I still wear a pregan leather belt on occasion. It grosses me out when I put it on, but what's the alternative? I guess I could will it to someone.

Anyway, I don't think it's something to rip your hair out over.

vetdino said...

your dogs are Vegan?? well, for a human it's ok, it's a choice... but dogs??? that's really UNNATURAL!! you're killing them seriously!! (and I am a veterinarian so I know something)

Pinkbubble said...

I thought I would always use up my stuff, but after a few years, I realized I was avoiding the stuff with leather or silk. It just felt like a was wearing skin and it no longer felt attractive to me.

I still have my softball glove though...

Al said...

It's amazing to me that a veterinarian wouldn't know that you can have a healthy vegan dog. What the fuck?

mrs. everything said...

I still use my pregan stuff. It seems wasteful and impractical to throw it away and I am really selfish so giving away my like-new saddle shoes is definitely not an option.