Wednesday, September 26, 2007
the laziest girl in the world is a good vegan
For the past month I've been wracking my poor brain trying to come up with a way that I, the laziest girl in the world, could do more for the animal rights movement. The problem, besides being horribly lazy, is that I am self-indulgent, painfully shy and socially retarded. Instead of focusing on these charming traits, I have decided to list the ways that I am a Good Vegan. Because if I can be a good vegan, there is no excuse for anyone to not.
1. I bring SO much food to work, everything from cookies to salads. I also take this opportunity to show people how yummy and normal vegan food is!
2. Every time I exit the bus, I'm sure to leave a few vegan pamphlets
3. I write long, silly letters to members of Shac7
4. In restaurants, I'm sure to either thank them for the amount of vegan options or chastise them for their lack of
5. I am quick to point out people's sympathetic inconsistenties, "ohhhhh, I could nevah eat veal" and then I would say "Oh, for sure, I could never eat a puppy."
It's not much, but there is always room for improvement, isn't there? However, I do take solace in the fact that I'm not fucking things up further. Ninety animals per year were saved last year from me being a lazy vegan!
I love the piggies!!! Hee!!